Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Coping strategies for when you are feeling "nutty"

I am all about re-using things. This is a coconut beverage holder that I got at a local arts and craft festival over the summer. Since he is adorable, I knew I had to figure out a way to incorporate him into my counseling office. I tried to be clever so I came up with, Take one (strategy) when you are feeling "nutty". Inside of the coconut there are about 40 different strategies ranging from things kids could do at school to things better suited for home. I use this individually and in small groups when I am teaching kids about what coping strategies are best for them when they are experiencing intense emotions. The kids love the coconut and every group I have had has given him/her a different name :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Coping Strategy of the Day