Thursday, July 10, 2014

End of Year Song for Teachers!

This is a song I wrote (using the music from "on my own") for our 6th grade celebration at the end of the year. I took pictures of the kids with signs that said "I miss Mr. _________ or I miss Mrs. ___________" and had this song playing behind a powerpoint. The teachers really enjoyed it!! The signing isn't the greatest but its the thought that counts :) The song can be found by clicking this link On Our Own


On our own
Moving on and upward
On our own
Its time for independence

Without you
We take these steps towards greatness
And when we lose our way
Well think of you and all you've taught us

IN the halls the tiles shine like silver
All the stairs winding like a river
In the classrooms the walls are full of ideas
Well remember Rogers school forever and forever

And I know its only in my mind
That today is not the end of 6th grade
And although I know that it is time
Still I say...its so hard for us

Well miss you
And when this day is over
Well be gone
The summer is upon us

Without you are world is slowly changing
Were growing up ad moving on 
But well never forget you

Well miss you
But everyday were learning
All our life
We've always been preparing

Without you 
We take these steps towards greatness
A world that's full of happiness 
That you have lead us too

Well miss you....
Well miss you...
Well miss you...
Cause now were on our own

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coping Strategy of the Day