Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Embracing differences




This is a display I put up after a class lesson on empathy building and tolerance. Using an idea from another counselor (I cant remember the blog but I will find it and update this post) I had the kids come up with a dream they have about how we treat each other each day. I showed this clip from kids react to start off the lesson. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VifdBFp5pnw
 
It was a great discussion with the kids. I then made the display saying "Rogers 5th graders have a dream that we embrace eachothers differences, start today". A special thank you to Pat Cronin for helping me to see that it is not enough to just accept differences but that we need to embrace differences. I encourage everyone to have this conversation with your students. It was an amazing discussion around the difference between acceptance of one another and embracing each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coping Strategy of the Day